Arborcoat Exterior Waterborne Stain Protective Clear Coat 636
Discover the real beauty of natural wood! The new generation of product for protection and decoration of wooden substrates.
The new innovative protective clear coat Arborcoat® 636 formulated in waterborne, acrylic technology is a part of Arborcoat deck system. It provides the exceptional durability, effective wood protection and concern of natural environment.
• General description: exterior, waterborne, acrylic protective coat intended for the protection of horizontal wooden substrates finished with Arborcoat® Exterior Waterborne Semi-Transparent Deck & Siding Stain 638.
The product can be used as a additional protection of vertical surfaces, exposed to strong mechanical conditions (scratching, etc.) as well as weather conditions. Protective clear coat is recommended for porches, floors and decks. These horizontal elements can be renewed with the additional coat of the clear after some minor prep work.
• Features: product creates eggshell, durable, hydropfhobic finish, mechanically resistant (scratching and scrubbing), resistant to weather conditions (rain, temperature changes, UV radiation) and microorganisms.
Highest quality UV absorbers in the product formulaare essential element of wood final protection features. The clear coat Arborcoat 636 in not recommended to use in form of conventional lacquer on bare or impregnated wood, what means, that only in conjunction with Arborcoat Stain 638.
How works the new protective clear coat? Below picture presents the comparison of effectiveness between the different kinds of wood protection system.
These are actual samples on treated southern yellow pine that were exposed at a facility in Arizona. Although it was an actual 8 month exposure it simulates about three years. As you can see and would expect the alkyd stain is nearly totally gone. The C sample shows how well the 638 Semi Transparent stain work by itself. The D sample Details Waterborne Deck system (Arborcoat 638 and protective coat Arborcoat®Exterior Waterborne Stain Protective Clear Coat 636) show very little deterioration.
Now you know how effective is Arborcoat 636.
Note: the Clear Protective finish Arborcoat 636 is required over the Arborcoat Stain 638 when used on horizontal surfaces (like decks and floors) and optional on vertical like siding, balustrades, etc. (in these cases Arborcoat 636 provides the additional protection).
• Recommended for: exterior wooden surfaces finished with stain Arborcoat® Exterior Waterborne Semi-Transparent Deck & Siding Stain 638.
• Colors: transparent; do not tint.
• Gloss grade: eggshell.
• Coverage: approx. 10-12 m2/l.
• Packages: 3,78 l.